Saturday, April 5, 2014

Divergent and the Legend of the Firewalker Update

Hello everyone!!

Before I give my review, I know I have been away for awhile, but I'm back! I took some time away to concentrate on getting book #2 in the Legend of the Firewalker series ready for you guys. I am really excited about the second book. The story takes place shortly after the first book ended and it spans over a period of only 3 days! A lot can happen in 72 hours. Over the next couple of weeks stay tuned for more about book #2, the release date, sample chapters and more!

Now, on to the review. I loved it! I didn't know what to expect because I hadn't read the book, so this was my first introduction to the series. Right away I could connect with the main character Tris played by actress Shailene Woodley.  I mean, who wants to be forced to fit into anywhere?

I give the movie 5 stars and I think it would have been a great summer movie. Rotten tomatoes currently rates this movie at 5.4 out of 10 on the Tomatoreader, but the audience gave it a 80% favorable rating. I think a favorable rating at 80% is more accurate. In its 14th day of release, the movie broke the $100 million sales mark in the United States and I think that's saying something.

My initial thoughts about the movie were so-so and that I probably wouldn't like it. Let's just say for me, a lot of the scenes that were meant to be suspenseful were. They actually made my hands sweat!





No comments:

Post a Comment