Monday, June 20, 2011

Green Lantern or Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer??

Hey Guys and Gals! I saw the new movie Green Lantern at the theaters on Friday and let's just say the villain in this story was very reminiscent to the threat in Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. So I guess Ryan Reynolds chiseled abs would make him the Silver Surfer.

I was happy to see Green Lantern make it to the silver screen and equally happy to see the beautiful Blake Lively (Gossip Girl) play the love interest opposite Ryan Reynolds. I wasn't happy however with the story. I don't know what happened with this movie. Maybe there just wasn't enough character development to care once the film makers started to bombard us with the CGI (Which was very good by the way!).

Even though Ryan Reynolds' performances was excellent, it wasn't enough to save this movie. The reviewers at Rotten Tomatoes gave Green Lantern 133 rotten tomatoes and I would have to agree that it was thinly written.

Green Lantern Trailer



On a side note, a friend of mine thought Green Lantern was better than Super 8, but I thought Super 8 was better (Check out my Blog Archive to read my review of Super 8). I guess you will have to decide for yourself!

Go enjoy yourself at a summer movie! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment