Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The End of Smallville - 10 years; 10 seasons

I started watching Smallville at the beginning of the 4th season after family and friends continually raved about it. After watching a few episodes, me being the superhero fan that I am, was immediately hooked. I quickly caught up on previous seasons and over the years became a huge fan of Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack). It wasn’t until 7th season that I finally decided that I was tired of devoting my Thursday nights to the show and considered Chloe’s marriage to Jimmy Olsen (Aaron Ashmore) my own series finale. It felt like a perfect time to depart from the show with my favorite character finally finding love. It wasn’t until I saw the 8th season DVD go on sale at Walmart (Now on sale for $13 a season at Walmart Online) that I followed the show again picking up the 9th season as it became available on DVD. I was surprised that the show was still going strong after Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) and Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum’s) departed from the show.

Season 10 was an amazing final season and the writer’s did a fantastic job tying up the storyline. I really liked seeing Chloe again and the tribute to the Superman movies that immediately took me back to Christopher Reeve as Superman. I did however feel cheated not seeing Lana Lang again. I guess it makes sense that she was not there with her permanent kryptonite body suit in all, but she did get a mention in the final episode. The writers could have at least had her send Clark a video; she had experience doing that sort of thing in the show. I really think they gave Smallville fans what they wanted and probably pleased diehard Superman fans too. The series ended just where the television show Lois and Clark would begin (Spin-Off anybody??).

The final episode to season 10 was split into two parts, but you can watch it in its entirety through the CW Smallville website. Watch it now to see how it all ends while it is still on the website otherwise you will have to wait until the DVD.


GO Clark!!


No comments:

Post a Comment