Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Legend of Hercules Review & Thor Gets Early Digital Release!

Hello everyone,

I know the Legend of Hercules was released a while ago, January 10, 2014 to be exact, but I figured I would go ahead and give my two cents on the movie.

The story-line for the Legend of Hercules started out strong and visually the effects were reminiscent of the movie 300. However, by the middle of the film, it fell apart for me. There were several opportunities while fighting in the arena to really explore or develop Hercules's character, but it missed the mark. The brotherhood or bond that was supposedly forged with Sotiris, actor Liam McIntyre, seemed artificial or forced. The Legend of Hercules had a run time of 99 minutes and I would have gladly sat in the theater a little while longer in exchange for more authenticity.

I did notice the enthusiasm from the women in the audience as they cheered on Hercules, actor Kellan Lutz. I don’t know if they were just die-hard Twilight fans, but it was obvious they enjoyed the movie more than I did. Also, I would like to note that Lutz reminded me a lot of Chris Hemsworth in this movie. I guess the blonde hair and similarities in build made them interchangeable…minus the long hair of course.

Overall, I give the Legend of Hercules 2 out of 5 stars.

Thor: The Dark World received an early digital release and is now available for download through Apple iTunes. In another review, I gave Thor: The Dark World 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. This one seems more fun than the other Hercules movie that was out this year, but I'm bias for The Rock. Great review!

    ReplyDelete