Friday, October 25, 2013

The Legend of the Firewalker is now $7.97(paperback) & Interview with The Single Librarian!

Happy Saturday!!

The weekend is finally here!! Before I get into the interview I had with "The Single Librarian," yes, you did read that correctly, I have great news!! The paperback for the Legend of the Firewalker is now $7.97 at Amazon.com!! If you wanted to get a paperback copy, now is a good time to get it. Also, for a little while longer the ebook is $.99 and will soon return to $2.99. 

Okay...so on to the interview with "The Single Librarian!" Please see the interview below and maybe you'll learn something about me or the series that you didn't already know. Happy Reading!

You can read it as it originally appeared on her website/blog by clicking here.



What is the hardest part about being an author?
I would say the hardest part about being an author is wearing the marketing/publicity hat while still doing what we love, which is to write books. Whether you are a traditional author and published with one of the big publishing houses or independent, in today’s economic climate we are all author entrepreneurs.
Can you give us the synopsis of your book?
Hmm, lol! There is so much going on in the first book, but I will try. The Legend of the Firewalker is about nineteen-year-old college student Nathan Urye and the supernatural challenges he faces as camp counselor over the summer. The story takes place in the town of Cahokia Falls, Illinois and mainly on the Illinois Cahokia Falls campus. The town itself is rich with history and ancient American Indian Folklore and Legends. Nathan embarks on a journey of self-discovery because of these supernatural occurrences that keep popping up, and his character is pushed to the limit while trying to keep his new-found friends at camp alive.
For more information about the characters and the real Cahokia American Indians behind the story, click on the link below to FAQ’s about the book.
Is this part of a series or a stand alone?
After people read The Legend of the Firewalker the first response I usually get is, “I know there is another book…there has to be!” So, yes, this book is part of a series and there are definitely several other books planned.
How many hours do you write per day/week?
A lot! I love spending time with the characters in their small college town of Cahokia Falls, Illinois. I find it a good escape after I've caught up on all my favorite TV shows and movies. I guess it satisfies my appetite for more supernatural mystery.
What is your favorite book in the same genre as yours?
Hmm…I don’t know if I have a favorite in the supernatural mystery/thriller genre, but I just finished reading Carrie by Stephen King in preparation for the movie remake being released this Friday and loved it. (I saw the movie and it rocked btw...click here to read my review of Carrie in a previous post!)
What are you working on now?
Revising the chapter I just finished in book 2 of the series. It was 22 pages and for me, that’s a lot! I typically don’t like my book chapters to be long, but sometimes you have to flush out the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment