Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Last Days of Harry Potter and A Wedding Singer?!

I was asked by my friends to sing in their wedding and even though my mind was screaming, "are you crazy you are writing a book," I said yes. So, the wedding is this Saturday and I am finding my time consumed with learning the four songs I have never heard before; Keeper of the Stars, I do, I will be here, and Simple Things. I just couldn't say no, they are good friends of mine, plus they said they enjoyed my recording of I'll be Home for Christmas that I did a few years ago for my mom and they wanted my voice at their wedding...Awe! Who could say no to that!

Here's a link to my rendition of the song on Myspace.

I'll Be Home for Christmas

Please excuse my myspace page if it is in disarray, I have to find time to fix it one day, but seriously does anyone use Myspace anymore?

Anywho, while practicing and nursing a migraine headache (yes, singing with a migraine is not fun) I ran across a video of the last days of filming Harry Potter on Reading Teen. I have to admit I was choking back tears. Harry Potter has been an escape for me and many people for many years and I owe it to J.K. Rowling for reawakening the writer in me.

When I was younger, I would read tons of Nancy Drew (was disappointed by the movie by the way) and Hardy Boys books and discovered then that I loved to write. I wrote all the time and still have the many drafts of the stories I attempted to write. My young age however, prevented me from having the real-life experience to draw upon to give my characters the development I really wanted them to have so I stopped writing. It wasn't until years later, after I read the pages of Harry Potter that my imagination started to flow again and so did the pen! ;)

So cheers to the cast of Harry Potter for all the years given to bring the characters to life and to J.K. Rowling for inspiring millions in so many ways. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is the last movie in the series and even though the books and the movies will live on, we are sad the adventure has come to an end.

The Last Days of Harry Potter Video



Okay, now back to practicing for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment