Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon...Redbox or Netflix??

I am sorry to report the answer would be neither. Transformers: Dark of the Moon is neither redbox or netflix worthy. At a run time of 157 minutes, I had to fight to keep my eyes open which I did because I paid to see the movie. For a summer movie and a 4th of July weekend release, I was highly disappointed. Just to be fair, some of my friends said they liked it, but they also saw it in 3D. So, maybe 3D makes it better. Anyhow, I will just have to wait until next Friday, July 15 to recapture that summer magic with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.

Trailer




Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 38% like on the rotten tomato reader and I would have to agree. There really wasn't enough character development in the humans or the robots to make me care when the action finally kicked in. I would like to note that 90% of the audience that reported watching the movie on rottentomatoes.com gave it a thumps-up. It also was a treat to hear Leonard Nimoy (Star Trek) as the voice of Sentinal Prime.

In addition, I heard that people were taking children to see this movie which is PG-13 and there is definitely some sexuality going on in a couple of scenes between Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens, Disturbia, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (Victoria's Secret Model). Just wanted to give those who are planning to take young children a heads-up; nothing revealing though.

Until next time, go enjoy a summer movie!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment