Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters

Sorry, no update on The Legend of the Firewalker yet, but hopefully there will be one by the end of the week! So, until then, on to the review!!

I've been wanting to see a new supernatural or super-hero type movie, so I finally gave in to see Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters. The movie received an IMDb rating of 6.5/10, which surprised me, and 38% Rotten Tomatoes. As soon as the movie started, I could tell that the film was geared toward a younger audience. I found most of the humor or jokes in the film to be cheesy, however, the young adults or children in the audience found them quite funny. I thought it was a stretch that Logan Lerman was supposed to be a teenager in this film and on-screen appeared to be in his early twenties.

Overall, I thought the special effects were great and that the movie would be a nice one to take the family or to treat that young person in your life to a movie. Based on the reactions from the young people in the audience and the special effects, I give Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters 2.5 out 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment